Acupuncture & chinese medicine
- has been used for thousands of years as a powerful & effective form of medicine. is one of the oldest, continuously practiced medical systems in the world.
- is being incorporated daily as highly beneficial adjunct to Western Medical Treatment.
- is full of health benefits without the pitfalls of side effects.
- treats the whole system at every treatment. Coming in with various ailments (seemingly unrelated) and having them all improve at once.
- is a natural way to relieve stress. Less stress improves every aspect of your life. (Sleep, Digestion, Mood, Social, Aging, Pain, Libido, Elimination, etc;)
Acupuncture is the practice of stimulating specific points on the body with thin, sterile needles to correct imbalances in the flow of “qi” or energy through the “meridians” or energy pathways. This process not only improves the free flow of energy but also nourishes and oxygenates the organs and blood.
And about those "needles”..... As thin as a human hair, many people barely feel them as they are inserted. All needles are one-time disposable and pre-sterilized. Most people who say they are fearful of trying acupuncture due to the needles are quickly converted when they see how gentle, non-invasive and painless it can actually be.
What can Acupuncture treat?
- Pain • Autoimmune Diseases
- Stress • Thyroid Imbalance
- Insomnia • Digestive Disorder
- Infertility • Hormonal Support
- Irregular Menses • Allergies & Asthma
- Gynecological Imbalances • Injuries & Trauma
- Migraines & Headaches • Weight Loss
- Depression • Arthritis
- Anxiety • High Blood Pressure
- Fatigue • Mood Imbalance
- Low Immune Function • Cold & Flu Prevention
- Morning Sickness • And much more!
Acupuncture alone is used by many as their first choice for healing and care. It is also very effective in combination with Western treatment to enhance recovery time and alleviate some of the side effects of certain treatments. Acupuncture will often be combined in the office with herbs, dietary changes and other supplements for a personalized and effective treatment plan.
Herbal Medicine is a healing practice that has been used across many cultures across the world throughout history. Chinese Herbalism has been incorporated in their practices for over 5,000 years utilizing a wide array of herbs used in China and extensive texts & diagnostic tools. Western herbalism draws from herbal traditions of Europe and the Americas, which emphasizes the therapeutic use of European and Native American Herbs and has seen a huge rise in practice in the United States. Enthusiasm for this ancient form of medicine has never been greater than it is today as countless studies have helped science back the powerful, healing effects of herbs. Many of the most advanced hospitals and clinics around the world, such as the Mayo Clinic, have recognized Herbal Medicine as an invaluable healing tool alone and in combination with western treatment as a Complimentary Therapy .
Herbal formulations come in a variety of form: from loose herbal teas to capsules/tablets to alcohol extracted "tinctures." At the Luma Center we offer a variety of options to accommodate the preference of the client, best form for the issue being treated and to maximize client compliance with treatment plan. All the herbs we carry are specifically picked for sustainability and highest quality assurance.